Emma: Elsewhere (and a cozy knit)



There is not a day that I don't wish I lived in Europe. Where I live is actually a very small town outside of Montreal where I recognize basically everyone all the time. Some people love that sense of community, but I absolutely hate it. I hate knowing that my neighbours will be talking about what I wore on my brisk walk to the train, that the people at the grocery store will remember that I'm essentially the only vegetarian around. I go to school in downtown Montreal, thankfully, which gives me some respite from feeling almost watched in my small town. Most days, I wish I could just move somewhere like London or Paris where no one will know who I am and I can just be myself. 



Luckily for me, the old part of Montreal allows me to pretend I live in Paris or Brussels for at least a few moments. The old cobbled streets and tiny shops are perfect for an autumn walk against the cool wind, and the throngs of tourists near the cathedral certainly make it feel like an old European city. When I walk in a place where no one knows me, I feel the anxiety I carry with me wane. My fear of judgement dissipates, and I feel more free. The problem, though, is that any place will feel familiar after awhile, and eventually nowhere will be elsewhere. But pushing to explore new places is never a bad thing ☕


I wasn't sure about this outfit when I put it together, mainly because I was afraid of looking like a walking Christmas tree with all the green (although, now that I mention it, that is definitely my vibe 🌲). I think it worked out though! A random girl came up to me and said my outfit was cute, and Gabe didn't violently refuse to take my photos, which is always a good sign! I absolutely love emerald green this time of year -just as everything turns orange and red, emerald is the perfect contrasting jewel tone. I especially love it in knits and velvet, which is something I never thought I'd say... 




Outfit:
-sweater dress: F21
-tights: Joe Fresh
-boots: old, Old Navy, similar
-backpack: Fjallraven Kanken
-glasses: Old Navy, sold out
-scarf: old, F21




Comments

  1. Such a cosy looking scarf, love how it compliments your outfit! x

    fahmidabx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fahmida! That's so kind <3 I love emerald plaid for fall and winter outfits!

      -Emma

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts